The Social Media Revolution
The Future of Social Media Marketing Strategy, Is Your Business Prepared?
With over 845 million people on Facebook, 200 million on Twitter, and 187 million on LinkedIn, it’s obvious that social media marketing strategy has the spotlight, and folks – it’s not stepping out any time soon. Social media now makes up a significant amount of all internet traffic. It’s where people find their news and entertainment. It’s where consumers go to find products, services, and brands. It’s where customers share their experiences. It’s where the world converges and the people connect.
In short, social media offers a direct, streamlined path right to your target audience, and it’s an opportunity you can’t afford to miss.
Get the Edge today with our Ignition, Stealth, Extreme, Maximum, or Ultimate Edge Social Media Programs!
Social Media Marketing Strategy
The Opportunities for Social Media Marketing Strategy in Your Small Business
If you’re still wondering how you can leverage social media in your business, take a look at the numerous opportunities it presents:
- Brand awareness
- Customer support
- Reputation management
- Lead generation
- Community involvement
- Product launch and promotion
- Polling and feedback
- Consumer engagement
- News and content distribution
- Public relations
Still not convinced? Take a look at some of the most current statistics about a few of the top social media sites. We think you’ll agree – these facts are pretty compelling:
- More than 845 million active users
50% of active users log on to Facebook in any given day
- Average user has 130 friends
- People spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook
- Average user is connected to 80 community pages, groups and events
- Average user creates 90 pieces of content each month
- There are more than 150 million active users currently accessing Facebook through their mobile devices.
- People that use Facebook on their mobile devices are twice as active on Facebook than nonmobile users
- There are currently more than 200 million Twitter users
- The number of Twitter users increases by 300,000 per day
- Twitter gets more than 3 billion requests per day, generated by more than 180 million unique visitors
- Twitter users send approximately 100 million tweets per day
- YouTube exceeds 2 billion views per day, which is nearly double the prime-time audience of all 3 major US broadcast networks combined
- 24 hours worth of video is uploaded every minute
- 70% of YouTube’s traffic comes from outside the US
- Hundreds of millions of videos are watched every month on mobile devices
- Over 3 million people are connected and auto-sharing to at least one social network
- 54% of internet traffic is Video and 32% of all internet traffic right now is on YouTube
- For every 1 keyword there are 4,600,000 articles competing for the 1st page of Google, but for every 1 keyword there are only 16,000 videos competing for the 1st page of Google
- LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional networking site
- LinkedIn has over 187 million members in over 200 countries
- A new member joins LinkedIn approximately every second, and about half of our members are outside the U.S.
- Executives from all Fortune 500 companies are LinkedIn members
The Bottom Line for Your Social Media Marketing Strategy
Social media: It’s simple, accessible, affordable, scalable, and effective – everything a business could possibly want in a marketing solution. Get the Edge today with our Ignition, Stealth, Extreme, Maximum, or Ultimate Edge Social Media Programs!