Search engine optimization is required to gain more exposure and visibility on the Internet. Without search engines, you couldn’t be found in the universe of pages on the internet. And without search engine optimization, you won’t be seen at the top; which is where everyone looks… and the only place it matters to be seen. Ultimately, SEO helps to drive more hot, qualified, highly targeted leads to your site.
Unethical search engine optimization techniques can be unlawful, unscrupulous, or just in bad taste. You’d be surprised how many people use these methods. A lot of what is now called unethical SEO used to be accepted, until people went overboard and it started to have a negative affect on the web as a whole.
Keyword stuffing is when your site consists of long lists of keywords and nothing else. Don’t do it. There are ways to put keywords and phrases on your site without running the risk of getting banned.
You may have seen ‘invisible text’ if you’ve been selecting the text on a page and found words that are the same color as the background. This text is often lists of keywords put there in the hope of fooling search engine spiders while hiding the words from visitors. This is considered unethical, and you shouldn’t do it.
A doorway page is a page that isn’t designed for real people to see – it’s purely for the search engines and spiders, in an attempt to trick them into indexing the website in a higher position. This is a big no-no and should be avoided.
Even though unethical SEO is tempting, and does work, you shouldn’t do it – not only is it annoying to users, but it’s likely to get you banned from the search engines sooner or later. You sites’ search engine rankings just aren’t worth the risk. Use efficient SEO techniques to get your site ranked higher, and stay away from anything that even looks like unethical SEO.
SEO is a set of techniques used in order to attract visitors or prospective customers to your website, and the goal of a search engine is to provide high quality content to the users of the Internet. These two objectives are not in opposition, if you do SEO the way it should be done.
SEO is a way of analyzing your web site and modifying it to allow search engines to read and index it more easily. SEO is all about maintaining, building, and marketing your websites so that your pages get ranked highly on the major search engines.
You see, when people use a search engine, they generally don’t look beyond the top 20 or so results. If you want to make any money from your business website, get clients to call you, or visitors to stop by your store, you need to get ranked on page 1.
On the technical side… search engine optimization often includes modifying web page content and meta-information to improve the search engine ranking of the page. Meta-information is the HTML tags (title, heading, emphasized text, keyword and description meta-tags), as well as the internal links (links between pages on the same site) and external links (links between pages on different sites).
But don’t worry about the nitty gritty details… that’s what AMP is here for!
Over the last few years, search engine optimization (SEO) has been needed and used more and more, although it has been around for much longer than most people think. With new development tools being used to create websites that are heavy on Java, Flash and images, it’s important to have something that the search engines can read.
If the content can’t be read by search engines then they can’t index it, and if your site doesn’t get indexed then it won’t be found when people search for it on Google, Yahoo, MSN, or anywhere else.
The below listed factors are responsible for good rankings.
- The competition for your key phrases
- Number of links pointing to your website
- How long your site has been on the web
- The magnitude of your current web presence
- How much good content is provided on your site
- The strength of your post monthly maintenance plan
- The design of your website
Keywords are words or phrases users provide to search engines to locate information. Search engines examine page content to determine whether a specific page is relevant for a particular search word or phrase. Thus, effective keyword selection is one of the cornerstones of search engine optimization.
Each keyword is characterized by supply (number of search engine result pages) and demand (number of searches). The easiest way to improve search engine rank is to select keywords that have favorable supply-demand characteristics; that is, ones with a relatively high demand and a relatively low supply. To put it more simple… we select keywords that are searched for in high volume by your target market and that are not being optimized by your competition. It is much more difficult to improve the search engine position of a page on a very competitive keyword… so we choose keywords very carefully so you get the most bang for your buck.
Good keywords must be relevant to your product line, as well as your line of business. A #1 rank for “navy widgets” is worthless if you sell taupe widgets exclusively. A potential customer will find your page, quickly discover that you don’t sell any navy widgets, and promptly go elsewhere. In effect, the conversion rate would be destroyed. At AMP, we ensure you have the best keywords chosen to reach your target market and outdo your competition.
Our SEO campaigns typically run 6 to 7 months in length to gain rankings. But progress in rankings can typically be seen sooner. Our SEO campaigns then run on an ongoing basis to maintain your site’s high rankings. Additional campaigns can also be started to optimize additional pages, rank for additional keywords and locations in order to push your competition off the first page of Google and fully dominate your market.
Understanding the basics of search engine optimization is an important first step in creating an optimized, well-positioned web site. We choose a set of target keywords as the first step in search engine optimization that are targeted to your specific market, have excellent search volume, high relevancy, and low competition. We then make sure these keywords show up in everything on your website and everything that links to your website. We optimize it in all the ways Google loves!
To get technical about it for a moment, we use these keywords in the body, title, headings, and meta-tags of your pages.
- We include the target keywords in the text of the page. We don’t overdo it, though — the keywords should fit smoothly into the surrounding text. Search engines use several techniques to detect excessive keyword density, or too many keywords stuffed into very little supporting text, and will reduce the rank accordingly. A page has too many keywords if they interfere with the general flow of the text on a page and appear to be glaringly out of place.
- We enhance the title tag so it contains information that describes the page. Unless you operate a multi-national conglomerate that is already a household name, your company’s name is not a descriptive title. Most search engines use the title tag as the first line of your listing in the search engine result pages. So we strive to make your title tag say “click me” to a prospective customer. For example; “Superior taupe widgets – 50% off every day” is a good page title, while “Ultimate Taupe Widgets, Inc.” is not.
- We incorporate keywords into the headings on the page, as well as into emphasized sections (bold or large text). Even though search engines are de-emphasizing descriptive meta-tags, include keywords in them nevertheless. The description meta-tag should have an accurate description of your page, and the keywords meta-tag should contain a set of keywords (separated by commas) that list key concepts mentioned on the page.
- We add your keywords to the alt name of your images, on page and off page anchor text, and anywhere else your keywords can be placed (e.g., Google Offers, etc.) so that your pages and listings are fully optmized.
Choose any one of our SEO package options and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 1.855.216.8809 to get started.
We pride ourselves on our professional level of service. We will never leave you hanging. You can reach a live person 24×7, 365 days of the year and get a response back from us within 48 hours. Most other Internet marketing services want to hide behind their computers and only offer email or chat as a means of getting a hold of someone. Or worse yet, want to charge you additional money to talk to a representative about your business! At AMP, our team is only a phone call away! After all we love to talk about what we do.
Marketing campaigns launch and renew on the 1st or 15th of each month. Get started with confidence. There are cancellation fees.