PPC Internet Marketing| Pay Per Click Advertising: Training and Certification
Build better ads, manage campaigns more efficiently, and get more clicks from qualified customers when you enroll in Absolute Marketing Profit’s PPC internet marketing training. You’ll get the industry’s leading training on PPC Internet marketing from PPC expert practitioners like from Brad Geddes.
Get trained and certified PPC Internet Marketing in as little as six weeks:
- 100% web-based PPC Internet Marketing training – online, any time
- Write, design and test better ads for more clicks
- Use ad extensions to enhance Google campaigns
- Get Brad’s top tips on account and campaign settings
- Manage your budget with smarter bidding strategies
- Save time with AdWords Editor and Excel
- Increase Quality Score for better ad positioning
- Use LinkedIn and Facebook to generate more sales
Here’s What to Expect from AMP’s PPC Internet Marketing
Our 100%-online structured curriculum in PPC Internet marketing includes on-demand video lessons, live screen share webinars with the top authors and speakers in internet marketing, and Q&A forums where you can interact directly with Faculty and other students. Online quizzes ensure you’re on track and “getting it”
Most students follow the structured modules and spend an average of 2-5 hours per week on the material over the course of the 10-week training. This time allotment includes a combination of on-demand video training modules, webinar workshops, self-paced assignments, online quizzes, and a review of any material not comprehended the first time through.
Live Webinar Workshops
Login to faculty-led webinar workshops to supplement the material you’re learning in the training modules. Each faculty member runs a workshop each month, so you have plenty of material to choose from.
24×7 Faculty Q&A
Need help understanding some of the material? Post a question in the “Ask the Expert” forums and receive a reply directly from your faculty.
Each module includes a sample exercise to give you an opportunity to take what you’ve learned and put it into practice.
Stay on track with what you’re learning with topic-specific quizzes. Get a good sense of what you know and what you need to review, complete with guidance back into the material to find your answers.
Cross Discipline Training
As part of your enrollment in the Elite Training program, you’ll have access to our extensive video library. Watch additional training videos to supplement your training in one discipline.
Downloadable, printable Certification
Our printable certificates prove that you have completed the course and passed the final exam. Hang it on the wall, add it to your resume, or give a copy to your employer to prove you are continuing your education and improving your skills.
Extend your access and learning with additional semesters in another discipline…or select a yearly plan and receive access to all our Practitioner credentials at once!
This 100% online self-paced plan in PPC Internet marketing lets you set your own schedule as you follow a structured curriculum that includes video lessons, exercises, and progress quizzes.
- You set the pace. Most students credential in a discipline in six to twelve weeks.
- Any-time faculty Q&A in the forums.
- Cross-train with access to training materials in all six major industry disciplines.
- Live weekly cross-discipline training webinars.
- No travel required. Learn from your desktop anytime.
- Pay less than the cost of a University course or industry conference.
PPC Internet Marketing: What You’ll Learn
With your competition getting smarter every day, it’s critical not only to have a strong foundation in pay- per-click principles, but an advanced understanding in keyword research, ad copy, formula-based bidding strategies, PPC economics and customer psychology. Join Brad Geddes, David Szetela, Alan Rimm-Kaufman, and Bryan Eisenberg for a no-nonsense approach to PPC education, as you learn a comprehensive, cross-discipline
approach to designing, building, and maintaining your PPC programs.
INTRODUCTION TO PPC Internet marketing
Start with an overview of paid search and the underlying principles of direct response advertising in general, including the goals of search engines, advertisers, and customers. You’ll cover everything from PPC user psychology to breaking down the various stages in the buying cycle.
You will learn:
- The psychology of PPC Internet marketing search.
- The secrets of effective copy writing.
- The correlation between user attention and advertising spend.
- How a customer progresses through the buying funnel.
INTRODUCTION TO KEYWORDS & MATCH TYPES
In this first section, you’ll study the basis for all PPC Internet marketing: keywords. Understanding the connection between strategically placing keywords in your ads, and using match types to connect those ads with user search queries, will be a critical skill to master for successful paid search campaigns. You’ll also take a look at match type options and integrating negative keywords into your campaigns.
You will learn:
- How to lay out a spreadsheet defining features and benefits.
- How to craft the perfect PPC Internet marketing headline.
- The critical elements of your display URL.
- How to create a PPC Internet marketing keyword list from the perspective of the targeted personas.
- Effective keyword research tools and how to use them.
- Why you need separate campaigns for search and content campaigns.
- How to save time with AdWords Editor.
- How to harness the power of ad extensions.
WRITING EFFECTIVE AD COPY & INTRO TO LANDING PAGES
At the heart of every PPC Internet marketing campaign is the ad itself. It’s also where art meets science when your expertly researched keywords join with your keen sense of style. And in a sea of competing PPC ads and organic search results, your ad copy is what determines whether potential customers click on your ad… or go elsewhere with their business.
So pay close attention and put your creative hats on. This is where you get to engage the right side of your brain and separate yourself from a universe of ho-hum ads.
You will learn:
- How to write compelling PPC Internet marketing ad copy.
- The difference between feature and benefit based ads.
- How to take advantage of destination and display URLS.
- How to check if you’re infringing on any trademarks.
- How to use the Google merchant center.
- How to use call extensions.
- How to create dedicated PPC Internet marketing landing pages.
- How to segment your traffic to various landing pages.
You’ve selected your keywords, written your ads, and designed quality landing pages. You’re ready to flip the switch and go live, right? Not so fast. Before launching your ad campaign there are still a number of decisions to be made: network decisions, location targeting, bid options, language settings, and ad rotation are all important considerations that can impact the effectiveness of your campaign tremendously.
In this module, Brad discusses your available options and offers some practical advice for how to think about your ads — and your audience — once you’re ready to launch your campaigns.
You will learn:
- What to consider when geographically targeting.
- How to target based on language.
- How to reach the most people within a geography.
- The difference between Search and Display networks.
- How to create PPC Internet marketing campaigns for different devices
- How to create and effectively manage a daily budget
PPC INTERNET MARKETING: CONVERSION TRACKING, BIDDING, & REPORTING
In this module Brad covers one of the critical remaining pieces to the PPC Internet marketing puzzle: bidding strategies. Understanding bidding formulas, goals, and conversion data is essential for any successful paid search campaign. Bid too much and you’ll overextend yourself and wipe out your profits; bid too little and you could miss out on a great deal of qualified traffic.
You will learn:
- How to effectively set and measure your PPC Internet marketing goals.
- How to use PPC Internet marketing data to measure your company’s objectives.
- How to estimate initial conversion rates.
- How to estimate your revenue per conversion.
- How to optimize bidding options to your needs.
- How to optimize your budget
- How to calculate the value of a click
- All of the different ways you can look at your data in AdWords
PPC INTERNET MARKETING: THE CONTENT/DISPLAY NETWORK
Now that you’ve mastered the fine art of the search network, you can set your sights on the ever growing content and display networks. These opportunities not only expand the reach of your ads, they also expand the types of ads you can offer. In this module Brad uncovers all the details necessary to understand the broad content network (or the display network if you are dedicated to Google), including ad type options, ideal settings, tracking content network ads, and best practices and pitfalls for this powerful ad tool.
You will learn:
- Which keywords to use in display network campaigns.
- How your keywords should differ from search advertising campaigns.
- Why rich media ads require standard ad copy.
- How to measure results of CPM campaigns.
- Best practices for enhanced PPC Internet marketing campaigns.
- How to run Placement Performance Reports.
- Which sites to block from your placements.
PPC INTERNET MARKETING: ACCOUNT ORGANIZATION
While great ads will make a drastic difference in a PPC Internet marketing campaign’s success or failure, proper account organization lets you set exact expectations for each campaign. From controlling ad groups to match type decisions, generating keyword combinations, and micro control over landing pages, smart account organization can protect your budget’s bottom line and ensure your ads and landing pages are seen in the most optimal manner.
You will learn:
- How to organize ad groups by brand and intent.
- Optimize your paid search by tightly theming your Ad Groups.
- The secrets of managing complex campaign goals with a step-by-step guide to campaign structures.
- How to clearly set and achieve your goals with campaign organization.
- How the PPC Internet marketing experts organize their campaigns.
PPC INTERNET MARKETING: QUALITY SCORE
For a long time ad position was determined solely by how much you were willing to bid. Then quality score became an important, if elusive, variable. Now, paid search has grown in sophistication and PPC Internet marketing experts are masters of click through rate, landing pages, relevance, and a slew of other factors that determine where your ad is positioned against the competition. In this module, Brad outlines the major factors you need to focus on when building your ads, and exactly how to balance your max CPC with a solid quality score to get the optimal ad position for your product or service.
You will learn:
- The three major factors that determine quality score.
- What to do with a substandard landing page.
- How improving your quality score can decrease the cost of your Ad Words campaigns.
- Find the best places you can optimize for better quality score.
- How to organize and maneuver through piles of PPC Internet marketing data with ease.
- How to research specific terms to use in your ad copy.
- What you need to do for problem quality scores and sudden changes in quality score.
- How to create an effective landing page that ensures a consistently high quality score.
PPC INTERNET MARKETING: TESTING & ADVANCED LANDING PAGE STRATEGY
So far you’ve focused on creating and optimizing ads. But what happens after the research is done, the ads are created, and the campaigns are launched? How do you know what’s working, what’s not working, and where you should focus your efforts? In this module, Brad explores the strategies and best practices for running ad and landing page tests that will save you a lot of time… and even more money.
As an added bonus, landing page and conversion optimization expert Bryan Eisenberg joins the conversation with his highly enlightening video, Building the Perfect Landing Page.
You will learn:
- The best ways to test your ad copy.
- How to run tests in a low volume account.
- How to choose the right landing pages for each of your ad campaigns.
- How to streamline your landing pages using page segmentation.
- How Adwords Campaign Experiments (ACE) can be used to control risk.
- How to define and analyze your experiments.
- The importance of testing for impact, not variations.
- 8 different button variables.
- 7 variables for creating forms.
- 30 key optimization factors broken into 4 main categories.
Marketing Training Courses
The AMP University Internet Marketing Training is the the industry’s leading marketing program providing business owners and marketing professionals with unparallelled marketing training courses and credentials. Our flexible online training programs cover everything from Marketing Basics to all areas of digital marketing, including Search Engine Optimization, Web Analytics, Sales Conversion, Social Media Marketing, or Pay Per Click Advertising and more.
Establish a great foundation for Internet marketing with our high level, cross-discipline approach to learning the basics. With comprehensive overview sections in SEO, Social Media, Online PR, Web Analytics, and Paid Search, you’ll have confidence when talking with contractors, vendors, or your own internal marketing group as you make intelligent and well-informed decisions about your Internet marketing strategies. Additionally, if you decide to move on to more in-depth studies, you’ll do so with the confidence of having a solid foundation in the fundamentals.
Click here for more information about AMP University’s Marketing Basics
Take your SEO training to the next level with AMP University’s comprehensive SEO Training. Join Todd Malicoat, Matt Bailey, and Jennifer Cario as they take you through everything from on-page fundamentals to keyword research, SEO copywriting, site architecture, link building, and local search optimization strategies. You’ll learn all you need to know to take on small, medium, or large SEO projects and work them from start to finish.
Click here for more information about AMP University’s Search Engine Optimization
While Internet marketing has many facets, all of them intersect at one discipline — Web Analytics. Whether you study SEO, Social Media, or Paid Search, success in any of those fields hinges on a keen understanding of your web metrics.
Let our faculty simplify the complex world of Web Analytics. Learn why segmenting is an excellent strategy for gaining insights into your visitors, and discover different tools that will help you understand visitor behavior on your website. You’ll look at your search data much more effectively, identify all your “home pages”, understand “conversion behavior”, revisit the linking strategy for your core pages, and isolate emerging trends in your data.
Click here for more information about AMP University’s Web Analytics
Many people still don’t realize that getting users to click to your site is only half the battle. Getting them to purchase, to register, to fill out your form… these are the true goals, and are often overlooked.
Bryan Eisenberg and Avinash Kaushik provide a comprehensive overview of landing page optimization, and take you through some real-world examples of what works, what doesn’t, and what steps you can take to, as he says, “always be testing.” In these marketing training courses, we’ll be using both video training modules as well as Bryan Eisenberg’s book “Always Be Testing” to create a multi-pronged approach to the material.
Click here for more information about AMP University’s Sales Conversion
Social media marketing is not just about knowing how to use the tools, but also knowing exactly which tools to use in a given situation… and how to create an effective integrated marketing approach.
From social news to social networks to embedded video to blogging, social media authorities Jennifer Evans Cario, Greg Jarboe and Matt Bailey define some distinct markets and offers suggestions for how you can use social media in your marketing strategy.
Click here for more information about AMP University’s Social Media Marketing
From keyword research to ad copy to formula-based bidding strategies, PPC remains one of the more complex disciplines in Internet marketing. With your competition getting smarter every day, it’s critical to have not only a strong foundation in PPC principles, but advanced understanding in PPC economics and customer psychology.
Click here for more information about AMP University’s Pay Per Click Advertising
Get Started Today With AMP University’s Internet Marketing Training Courses!
Your faculty includes bestselling authors, speakers and consultants in each internet marketing discipline.
Avinash Kaushik is the author of “Web Analytics 2.0” (Sybex 2009) and “Web Analytics: An Hour A Day” (Wiley 2007), author of the highly rated blog on Web Analytics called Occam’s Razor, Analytics Evangelist at Google.
Named one of the top Chief Marketing Officers on Twitter (@jeffhasen), Jeff is the author of “Mobilized Marketing: Driving Sales, Engagement, and Loyalty Through Mobile Devices”. Jeff co-created the certification program for the Mobile Marketing Association. He is one of only two individuals certified by the MMA to train professionals and students on mobile marketing definitions, techniques and benefits. He recently was the sole mobile marketing certification trainer at the Direct Marketing Association’s national conference.
Author of popular SEO blog StuntDubl.com and frequent conference speaker, Todd has an uncanny ability to come up with new angles on the complex realm of SEO, link building, link baiting and search engine marketing. With Todd, you learn the basics, and a whole lot more.
Regarded as a pioneer and leading authority on online publicity and content marketing, Greg Jarboe of SEO-PR continues to blaze new trails in Internet marketing.Greg is the acclaimed author of “YouTube and Video Marketing: An Hour a Day” (Wiley, 2009).
Bryan is a sought-after speaker, consultant, and coach who is recognized worldwide as a leading expert on online marketing, conversion and marketing analytics. He has co-authored multiple best-selling books on persuasion techniques and customer behavior, including Call To Action, Always Be Testing, and Waiting For Your Cat To Bark.
Brad is the author of the well-respected book “Advanced Google Adwords”, and founder of CertifiedKnowledge.org, an online source where the Paid Search community comes together for training, tools, and advice. Brad frequently writes columns for Search Engine Land, co-moderates the AdWords forum on Webmaster World, and has spoken at more than 35 conferences.
Jennifer Evans Cario
As a social media strategist and President of SugarSpun Marketing, Jennifer Evans Cario (formerly Laycock) has made a career out of finding unique and creative ways to connect with consumers. She has served as Editor in Chief of Search Engine Guide, and is the author of “The Small Business Guide to Search Engine Marketing” and the “Zero Dollars, a Little Bit of Talent and 30 Days” series.
Matt Bailey of SiteLogic knows the ins and outs of the the most important internet marketing fundamentals. Truly a Renaissance man, Matt is an internationally recognized authority on search engine marketing, website analytics, usability, and accessibility and matching a social media strategy to your larger business and marketing goals.
For full bios, click here
Get Started Today!
Start learning right away with the AMP University Internet Marketing Training.
Topic: Pay Per Click Advertising, PPC Internet Marketing